1st-Round Draft Pick

Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; let such as love Your salvation say continually, "The Lord be magnified!" But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer;do not delay, O my God.
-Psalm 40:16-17

Being picked first in National Football League draft is one of the greatest honors a young football player can receive. Each year only one person can claim that he is the first pick. It definitely an elite club.
The team that holds the first pick in the draft wants the player who will bring the most to the team. So that team evaluates the player's past performance on the field and interviews as many people related to the player as possible. Weaknesses in character as well as weaknesses in one's game can derail a team. If a player measures up. however, he is then selected as number-one pick that year's NFL draft.
Unlike a player selected as the first-overall pick in the draft, the writer of 40 had no credentials that made him worthy to be selected and delivered by God; however, God mercifully chose to help him who is "poor and needy."
I am eternally grateful that God selects us not based on our merit, but because of His mercy. Indeed, we are all His number-one picks!

Prayer : Father, thank You for choosing to help  me and deliver me even though I am unworthy of the honor. Use me to be Your light in this world and bring You glory. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS