A Collector's Item

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliver; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. -Psalm 18:2

Collectors of classic cars are adamant: they want to purchase vehicles that original parts. But it's rare to find an old car with original parts that maintained their usefulness despite the wear and tear of the elements and time. No wonder the most valuable classic cars are those that have survived it all. Weathering the hard times increases a car's value.
Like classic cars, the Christian life gains value when it withstands the harsh elements of this world. We overcome those challenges, however, not because of our own strength, but because God protects us. The writer of Psalm 18 understood this. He believed that when life was hard, God would see him through.
God doesn't always deliver us immediately from tough times, but we can trust that He is with us and that He will preserve and protect us. Uncomfortable even devastating situations can strengthen our dependence on God.
The apostle Peter also trusted God to bring good out of tough times. Like gold that is tested and purified by fire, our faith in God is tested and purified by the fiery trails of life. And that purified faith brings Jesus praise, honor, and glory. (1 Peter 1:6-8).

Prayer : Father, thank You for watching over me through life's hard times. Although I would choose deliverance, I am grateful that You use challenges and pain to deepen my dependence on You. When I find myself ready to give up, be my strength and hope. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS