Already Rich

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you! For I think that God displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men. -1 Corinthians 4:1, 8-9

I Recently had the opportunity to travel internationally. I was away from my family for quite some time. As you can imagine, I overjoyed to see my wife and five children when I returned home. To my great pleasure, they were happy to see me as well.
Before I could make it all the way down the driveway, the older children jumped off the porch and ran to my truck. They all piled in the truck and rode with me the rest of the way 100 feet to the carport. The little ones squealed with joy, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" while they hugged and kissed me.
It was a wonderful scene. I wish I had it all on video.
I had purchased a small souvenir for each of my children during my travels. But I didn't give them their presents presents that evening. I passed them out the next day. Why? Because that night, it was clear to me that having their father home was what they wanted most. In that moment, I knew how rich I was, how full I was. Not only am I a steward of the Word, but God has also blessed me with a wonderful, loving family who loves me as much as I love them. What makes you rich? What makes you full?

Prayer : Dear God, help me to see that I am abundantly blessed by You and that I am already rich with Your love, grace, and mercy. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS