Beware!

Beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. -2 Peter 3:17-18

Have you ever had a time in your spiritual journey when you have not walked closely with the Lord? I have and it was a pleasant experience. The major problem each day was that I knew in my heart of hearts I was not where I should be with King Jesus.
I am so grateful that I'm not there anymore. And I am so grateful for our Lord's invitation with a promise, spoken by His half-brother James, to "draw near to God, and He will draw near to you" (James 4:8). I have always confessed the truth of 1 Corinthians 15:10 "By the grace of God I am what I am." However, as today's Scripture passage warns us, we can be led astray,or we may choose to disobey and go our own way.
I desire to walk with Jesus. And, because I am aware that I could be "led away with error of the wicked" I desire to remain teachable. I want to continue to "grow in the grace and knowledge" of my Lord Jesus. Remember, it's not the truth one knows, but the truth one obeys that impacts our walk and our witness.
Like the apostle Paul, the apostle Peter gave us biblical truth and practical lessons on how to keep growing in one's relationship with Jesus. I have found that the Lord rewards my obedience with His divine enablement: His truth keeps me from falling.

Prayer : Lord help me to be conscious of Your presence, especially when challenges to my walk with you arise. I want to walk where You want me to walk. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS