Daily Pursuit of the Pursuer

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes will grant sit with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant sit with Me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. Revelation 3:20-21

 Do you realize that God is pursing you?
If you have ever felt a million miles away from God and we will have the good news is it is just a feeling and not a fact. Christ is in hot pursuit of you.
And why is He pursuing you? The passage says He wants to "dine" with you. The word dine speaks of fellowship, communion, and intimacy. God wants more than your Sunday mornings and mealtime prayers; He  wants intimacy with you. He wants to lead you and guide you in every area of your life. He wants to mold you into the person He created you to be. He wants you to live in the priorities that will mean abundant life: "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you" (Matthew 6:33).
I pray this week has challenged you to make intimacy with Christ, time alone with Him a priority in your life.
For the Christian, there is no substitute for alone time with God. Make a commitment today to seek Christ on a daily basis.

Prayer : Father, today I commit, I recommit myself to daily pursuing Your wisdom and righteousness for my life. When I focus my attention on You and Your Word, may I hear You when You speak to me. I ask You to lead me into the life for which You created me. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS