Faithful Focus

Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My loving kindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take  refuge, who subdues my people under me. -Psalm 144:1-2

Life is a battle. A constant battle. And many of you reading these words are undoubtedly engaged in various battles that have you feeling fragmented and fatigued. The battle of life are difficult because among other reasons they are multifaceted and no two exactly the same. We fight battles, for our families, for our fitness, for our finances, and even for our faith.
Psalm 144:1-2 teaches us that although the battles we fight are unpredictable and come from various arenas of life, the solution to overcoming them is the same. Regardless of the battles in which we find ourselves, the solution involves a steady focus on and deliberate devotion to God.
On the cross, Christ delivered us from the biggest battle any of us will ever face: the battle against sin. Jesus victory on the cross proves that He is willing to fight on our behalf to overcome the attack of the enemy. If we find ourselves overwhelmed by the battles we are facing, we should fix our focus on Christ and be encouraged by His ability to deliver us!

Prayer : Heavenly Father, thank You for not leaving me alone in this world to fight my battles with own my strength. Thank You for reminding me through Your Word that you are my Deliverer. When I fail to focus my attention on You, nudge me with the words of this psalm, for in You alone do I have deliverance. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS