I Have Called You Friends

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
 -John 15:15-16

Wow! What a statement! "You did not choose me, but I chose you." The Creator of the universe, the great "I Am" the King of kings, the Lord of lords, has chosen you! If you are a Christ follower, God chose you.
It doesn't matter what your childhood experiences were, or how weird your teen years were, or how challenging adulthood has been. God chose you! But for what has He chosen for you? "I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit." God's plan for your life is a life full of fruit.
That sounds like a great plan, but  how do you experience it? The answer is in the passage: "I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you." Our friendship with God grows as we pray, study the Bible, and obey what He reveals. This relationship we have with God will shape our lives and bring forth fruit that honors Him.
What will you do today to enrich your friendship with God?

Prayer : Father, please bless and grow my friendship with You as I seek You daily. Help me to cooperate with You and Your Spirit so that You can produce the fruit of life in my life. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS