Love Completely

Jesus said to the lawyer who asked, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. -Matthew 22:37-38

Human love is often conditional: we love someone on certain terms, perhaps as long as that person does or doesn't do certain things. God, however loves us unconditionally.
In response, Jesus called us to love God completely. Jesus description of how to love God encompasses all of our being heart, soul, and mind:
Heart denotes the seat of one's conscience.
Soul refers to a person's center.
Mind refers to a person's imagination, thoughts, and understanding.
Jesus instruction is to devote completely the center of our being, our conscience, our lifetime, our thoughts,and our understanding to loving the Lord: to wholly love Him with all that we are.
.When you have given your life to the Lord, then your mind has been set; your decision to love has been made. This is the first and great commandment. Pray this prayer : love God completely.

Prayer : Father, I commit or recommit my entire being, my lifetime, my thoughts, and my understanding to You from this moment on. Nothing short of the entirely of me will do.If  I grow weary or begin to wander, remind me of this commitment by Your Holy Spirit. I pray in Jesus name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS