Praise The Lord In All Circumstances

O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water....Because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall Praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. -Psalm 63:1, 3-4

Psalm 63 is one of the wilderness psalms written by David, the king of Israel, who was likely in the wilderness of Judah while on the run from his son  Absalom. The setting for these words of praise was anything but ideal. Absalom had overthrown his father and taken over the kingdom. Yet the homeless king lifted his voice and hands in praise to the Lord.
The word loving kindness beautifully describes the Lord's unfailing love for His people. Even when life is difficult David was running for his life in the wilderness, Stephen was stoned to death for his faith, Paul was jailed for talking about Jesus, we need to remember God's ultimate faithfulness and remind ourselves of His eternal loving kindness. The truth is that "we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us...Nothing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:37, 39)
We can therefore praise the Lord in all circumstances, because His unfailing love will not let us go. Even in the worst of circumstances, we stand strong in truth that the Lord's loving kindness for eternity is better than anything this life offers.

Prayer : Father, I thank You for Your unfailing love. You are deserving of all praise at all times. I praise You today, not just for what You do, but for who You are as my faithful God. I lift my voice and my hands, and I praise Your great name. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS