Surrender to Love

"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." -John 15:9-12

Jesus invites us to abide in His love. To do so, however, we must surrender to Him as our Lord. While this may sound frightening to some people, the truth is that as we surrender ourselves more and more to Jesus as our Lord, we become more alive than we ever thought possible.
We find abundant life in Christ and only in Christ (John 10:10) but only if we surrender to Him. For many of us, however, surrender is difficult. We have always fought to win, own, or control things, and we like being in charge of our lives. Nevertheless, Jesus wants us to surrender to Him.
What is holding you back? What battle scars can you point to that reinforce your resolve to keep fighting? Tired warrior, it is time to surrender to Jesus.
Let yourself learn to rely on His strength, His wisdom, and His guidance. Come now to Him and cast your burdens upon Him. Doing so will free you to live the way God truly created you to live.
Pray this prayer:

Prayer : Lord Jesus, I come to You weary and ready to surrender myself to You. I want to abide in Your love and drink from Your fountain of life. Receive me, Lord. I am Yours. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS