Take a Look in the Mirror

If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord.  Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. -Romans 14:8-9

Our daily routines may be different, but there's one thing that we all do each morning: we look in the mirror. It's important! We want to look our best.
But the truth is that as day unfolds, the worst often comes out. All of us struggle with selfishness. Making ourselves number one comes naturally to us. What is everyone's favorite subject? Himself! Who is the first person you look for in a photograph? Yourself! Have you ever noticed that the center letter in sin is the letter I? We all have an "I" problem. We are selfish because we are sinful, and that is why we need Jesus.
Back to the mirror. Each morning when we look in the mirror, it's an opportunity to get things right on this new day. Remind yourself before you walk away from the mirror :
This life is not about me. It's all about Jesus.
I belong to the Lord. My entire being is centered in Christ.
I surrender to Jesus so that He may live through me. Today will be an adventure as Christ shines through!

Prayer : Lord, what a comfort I have in knowing who You are whose I am. May the days on this earth not be about me; they are all about You, both now and forever. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS