The Secret of Contentment

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
-Hebrews 13:5-6

Webster's defines contentment as "a state of satisfaction" and at times experiencing satisfaction can definitely be difficult. Sometimes I am very content. Life is going as planned, there are no bumps on the road, and I'm grateful and satisfied with all God has for me. But them come those times we all face when things do not go as planned at least not as I had planned!
In those moments during those seasons of life can I really be content? That is the message of these words from the book of Hebrews: I am to be content not because of where I am or what I have, but because of whose I am and what I have in Him.
No matter what you're facing today, no matter how you feel, remember that you as a Christ follower have access to God's power and that He is present with you. Don't allow the enemy or your feelings to make you doubt the one sure thing you have, which is the one thing you need: God.
Whatever you're facing, make this verse personal: "The Lord is my helper; I will not not fear." You have the opportunity to experience today with God. If you will trust Him, you can know that He is present, He is your helper, and your nothing to fear!

Prayer : Father, help me to be aware of Your presence in my life today. May I find comfort and joy in You as I put my faith Your wisdom, Your promise, Your presence, and as I trust You to see through today. Teach me to be content because I am Yours. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS