Two Sources of Joy

That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. -1 John 1:3-4

I absolutely love these two verses because they have impacted my life in a very powerful way. I lived so many years of my life missing the joy that these verses promise. You may know what I am talking about.
These verses clearly tell us the source of joy. It is found in fellowship  with God and in fellowship with His followers. Make sure you take notice of fact that joy is found in both.
When I came to Christ on November 27, 1994, I was at the lowest point of my life. At age nineteen, I had married my pregnant sixteen-year old girlfriend, and within one year we already on our way to divorce court. However, we started attending a great church where we began to see people whose lives had been changed. We both surrendered our lives to Christ, and we both began to learn how to walk personally with Lord.
This past September we celebrated twenty-two years of marriage. We have three beautiful children who are all living for God and fellowship with His followers.
Be sure to make time daily to be in fellowship with God and take time regularly every week to be around His people. You'll find the level of joy in your life increase.

Prayer : Father, thank You for the jot and the change You have brought to my life and continue to bring through my relationship with You. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS