A FRIEND OF THE KING

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servants does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have known to you." John 15:13-15


Friendship is one of the greatest gifts in life. Friendships allow us to be loved, to love, to give, and to receive. Our friendships with one another and with the Lord may not always be perfect, but His friendship with us is.
In John 15, Jesus referred to Himself as the Vine and His followers as branches. This vine metaphor illustrates the closeness Jesus desired to have with His disciples. Jesus voluntarily laid down His life so that we might be called friends of God.
We must be careful, however, not to sell short the meaning of the word friend. For example, in the context or royalty, the word refers to the inner circle around a king or dignitary. The friends of the king would be close enough to him to listen to his insights and loyal enough to obey his commands.
My mentor Adrian Rogers frequently said, "Each of us is as close to God as we choose to be." The choice is ours: we can draw near to God in prayer and with a thorough reading of His Word, or we can choose to be distant and reserved.
Jesus unreserved intimacy is not restricted only to His first twelve disciples. He extends it to us, who are also His friends. May our sacrificial love for others and our radical obedience to Christ reflect our friendship with the King and make others desire that friendship too.

Prayer :

Father, thank You for the sacrifice of Jesus so that I can be called Your friend.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS