A PICTURE OF HUMILITY

I say, through grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
Romans 12:3


There is a fable that expresses a great truth about a boastful bird. A woodpecker was pecking away on a tree when it was struck by lighting. The tree split from top to bottom, and the woodpecker flew off. A little while later it came back, proudly leading nine other woodpeckers and saying, "There it is, fellows! Right over there! Look what I did!"
We need to open God's Word and heed it's call to humble ourselves. A few years ago, I had an amazing experience that I will never forget. I traveled to Montreat, North Carolina, to visit with Rev. Billy Graham. I sat in a very modest home and visited with spiritual giant who wore blue jeans, a flannel shirt, tennis shoes, and Timex watch. At one point, he spoke of his wife's death. He also said that when he gets to heaven, he is going to ask God why He used a rural farm boy from North Carolina to reach so many people. Truly Mr. Graham was a picture of humility:

Here are some practical ways we can live out humility:

1. Admit your faults (James 5:16)
2. Love your enemies (Matthew 5:44)
3. Don't boast (Proverbs 27:2)
4. Express gratitude to God and others (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
5. Kneel before God (James 4:10)
6.Weep over sin (Psalms 51:17)
7. Serve others (John 13:14)
8. Honor the Lord's Day (Exodus 20:8)

Prayer :

Father, help me to humble my self today so that You will be exalted in my life.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS