CHOOSING FAITH

I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me. Psalm 13:5-6


Have you ever felt abandoned by God? Have you ever wondered, "Where is God when I need Him?" or "Does He even care about me?" or "Why me, God? I can't stand this?"
The psalmist understood these internal struggles, grief, and despair.
Sometimes inner turmoil leads to a host of emotions or makes one unable to move forward in life. We ask questions and cry out for relief, but the apparent absence of God overwhelms us and causes us to run either from Him in despair or to Him in desperation.
When God seems conspicuous in His absence, how do we regain a sense of His presence? The psalmist's response was the choice to trust. I heard someone put it this way, "Don't doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light." God is still God even when we don't see Him or feel Him. He can handle our doubts, frustrations, confusion, and honest grief. Rehearse His promises, remember His past faithfulness, and continue to choose to trust Him.
A song that helps me look beyond my circumstances and focus on Jesus is Israel Houghton's "Jesus, Your Presence Is Heaven." It's a reminder to focus more on who Jesus is and less on what I think I need Him to do for me. After all, Christianity is not about what I do or don't do; it is about what has already been done. Because of His victory over sin and death, I can trust in Jesus and know peace even in the midst of chaotic circumstances.

Prayer :

Lord Jesus, help me as You helped the psalmist choose to trust You even in the darkness. Help me remember Your past faithfulness in the present chaos.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS