DO NOT THINK

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one title will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." Matthew 5:17-18


What do you think Jesus meant when He told those listening to Him, "Do not think?" Have you ever tried to stop thinking? If I were to tell you to try not to think about anything while I count to thirty, you would keep thinking. (Go ahead and try it if you don't believe me!)
Jesus wasn't really telling us to quit thinking. He told us to quit thinking the wrong away. Jesus said, "Don't think that I came to tear things apart. I came to put things back together, and when I am finished, everything will be completely put back together just as God intended in the beginning."
My grandsons love to play with their LEGOS but I don't. That's because I can't put them together. Whenever I try, I just make a mess of it. Jesus, however, will take the scattered mess of our world, and He will make it just as it was supposed to be.
Again, Jesus didn't tell the people to quit thinking. Instead, He told them and us to think about what He was saying: "I will put everything back together just like it's supposed to be."

Prayer :

Jesus, thank You for the ways You have already taken sinful, self-centered me and are making me more like You, more the way I'm supposed to be. What a glorious world it will be when you finish putting it back together too!

Amen


Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS