FOCUSED AND SHINING

"The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body is also full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body is also full of darkness. Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness." Luke 11:34-35

Recently, when I was singing with my brothers and sisters in Christ at a worship service, I found myself extremely distracted by all that was going on around me. The musical instruments, the flashing lights, the words on the screen, the people sitting near me, and seemingly a dozen other things were competing for my attention.
I realized I had to regroup. Why was I in church? Whom was I there to focus on and worship? I was distracted by things that didn't matter. We can also be distracted by good things, so distracted that we leave the best undone. So let us commit ourselves to being the very best for Christ that we can be. When we keep our eyes focused on the Light of the World, His light can shine through us into a world that desperately needs it.
Examine yourself today: do you have the light of Christ within you? If so, are you letting that light shine so that others may see? If you're not sure about either, remember that a single ember soon goes out; the little bit of light that was shining will fade. Don't be an isolated Christian. Get with others and not just at weekly worship service. You need them, they need you, and the world needs that bright light created by your being together.

Prayer :

Father, keep me focused on You, involved with Your people, and shining brightly for Your Son, the Light of the World!

In Jesus name, Amen


Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS