LIGHT HAS A PURPOSE

"You are light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in a house."
Matthew 5:14-15

I had a conversation with a father about Easter with his family. He had enjoyed hiding Easter eggs for his young children and then watching them quickly find each egg. He was, however, puzzled that one egg out of the four dozen had not been found.
Like that unfound Easter egg, our Christian faith our life changing acceptance of Jesus as our Savior and our day to day walk with Him was never intended to be concealed. Yes, one's relationship with Jesus is very personal, but we are not supposed to keep it private. We are meant to talk about our faith; we are to be ready to share our salvation stories.
What would you think of a person who planned a trip to Hawaii and, upon arriving, told the desk clerk at the hotel that he wanted the darkest room available? Then he went to the room, closed the blinds, turned off the lights, and sat in the dark for two weeks. He never experienced the sun, the ocean, or the island's beauty. In like manner, we aren't meant to hide our light or hide from the Light! God extended His light to us so that He may be glorified as He shines light through us to others.

Prayer :

Father, thank You that You love me enough not to leave me the way You found me. Give me the desire to tell everyone especially those still in the dark what you have done for me.

In Jesus name, Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS