NO LONGER APPOINTED TO WRATH

Let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.
1 Thessalonians 5:8-10

And if I die before I wake...Many childhood prayers contain this line, and it's actually quite frightening. "If I die before I wake"? Who wants children to think about that just before bed?
Yet life is uncertain. We don't know how long we will live. God has numbered our days, and we don't know the number. What we do know is that one day death will indeed come.
But we who follow Christ know more. We know that death is not the end. God has promised us life. The same God who raised Jesus from the dead will raises us up. When we receive the gift of Jesus, we receive forgiveness of sin and the promise of eternal life. We are no longer "appointed to wrath." In the person of Jesus, we have received salvation and the promise of eternal life.
So today we can live with courage and peace. Whether we die or awake for another day, we are confident in Christ that we will live together with Him. The hope for tomorrow gives us strength today.

Prayer :

Father, thank You again for Your promise of eternal life. Thank You that I am no longer appointed to wrath, but that You have instead granted me Your glorious salvation. Help me to stand in the strength of that hope today.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS