PLEASING GOD

By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:5-6

I know of no greater testimony than one's life pleasing God and that is what was said of Enoch. Notice three things from the life of Enoch:
First, take note of his motivation. After Enoch had his son, Methuselah, he began to walk with God (Genesis 5:21-22). The greatest way to train one's child is not to "talk the talk" but to "walk the walk." Actions speak louder than words.
Second, Enoch's method is noteworthy. He walked with God, and that means they spent time together. God cannot do something through us if He is not doing something in us. If we are not careful, we can get busy doing good things that we miss out on the best thing. I have often said, "If the devil can't make you bad, he will make you busy."
Third, Enoch had a mandate. I have noticed a common quality that I believe all spiritual giants have in their lives. That quality is dynamic faith. Faith sees beyond the obstacles to the opportunities in light of the object of our faith that being Jesus Christ.

Prayer :

Father, help me to please you in my actions and attitudes!

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS