PROMISES AND PRAYER

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."
John 14:12-14


On the eve of His crucifixion, Jesus shared with His disciples a significant promise. He declared that after He had gone away, the disciples would be able to do even greater works than they had seen Him do. That would be possible when the Holy Spirit came to reside in them: the Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead would now enable them to do great things for their Lord.
Then Jesus transitioned to the topic of prayer, explaining to His disciples that by asking in His name by appealing to God based on Jesus authority they can pray with confidence that Jesus "will do it." Wow! What a promise! But it's fulfillment is contingent on one key thing: whatever we ask must be God glorifying and Christ exalting. (This pretty much leaves out all materialism, selfish desires, sinful motives like greed, and so forth.)
Jesus then mentioned that He would soon "go to My Father." His brutal death on Calvary was imminent; the cross was coming. Yet His death would be both our deliverance from the consequences of our sin and our becoming "the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).
So pray with confidence. Stand on Jesus promise that His Spirit will enable you to do great things for God.

Prayer :

Almighty God, may I believe You today for the challenges I face. May I see my faith increase and my trust in You grow. I want to do great things for You, my heavenly Father.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS