THE GREAT AUTHOR

"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and brings to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 14:26

Maybe you've have heard this old joke: "If my memory were any worse, I could plan my own surprise party."
When we consider sharing our faith or choosing to be God's light, we may oftentimes fear that we won't remember Scripture passages or know what to say. I couldn't count all the times when I didn't know how to answer a question and suddenly the Spirit of God came to my aid. He helped me remember exactly the right passage I needed to give a helpful answer.
We should not be surprised that the Spirit helps us recall biblical truths, sometimes verbatim. After all, holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. It is, therefore, not difficult for Him to remind you of something you have read. The Spirit knows the Bible inside and out but do you? Imagine you authored a book that took your lifetime to complete. Imagine many people dying because of their efforts to have it published. And then imagine your own children refusing to read it. When God's children don't spend time reading the greatest book ever written, they grieve it's Author. The Spirit dwells in all believers, but He doesn't dwell ungrieved in all believers. Commit to spending time reading, meditating on, and memorizing God's Word. When you do so, you give the Spirit of God more to draw from when you have an opportunity to share the gospel.

Prayer :

Spirit of God, make me a student of the Word. Fill my mind and heart with truths that You can use in bringing others to know Jesus. Here I am.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS