A PRESCRIPTION FOR HOPE

I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

When I am sick, I go to the doctor. The doctor performs certain tests, examines the results, and prescribes a remedy for what ails me. During the days of the prophet Jeremiah, the nation of Israel needed a remedy for the sickness. And like Israel then, we find our souls sick today, and we long for healing.
Based on the eternal purposes of His heart, God has prescribed a future for us. Like Israel in Jeremiah's day, we have caved to the pressures of sin and we rebelled against God, resulting in a whirlwind of tattered souls and scuttled dreams. Yet God's heart beats for a hope filled future for us.
The future we crave is made possible because of God's merciful love: He sent Jesus to pay the penalty for our sin and overwhelm our rebellion through His death and resurrection. Through Jesus we have forgiveness as well as hope for each day.
Jesus is God's prescription for hope. To find healing, we must call upon God. We must seek Him with our whole hearts. We must abandon ourselves into His gracious grip today, so that we can taste the hope of God's glorious love.

Prayer :

Glorious God! I call upon You today. I abandon myself into Your hands. Through Jesus I am fully committed to following Your heart and being blessed by the future You have planned for me.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS