AFRAID OF THE DARK

God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
1 John 1:5-7

Monsters come out at night. These terror-filled words grip most children when the sun's glow has slipped past the horizon. After the bedtime prayers have been said and the lamp is switched off, children's hearts may fill with fear. For them, darkness isn't good.
In like manner, we should all be afraid of spiritual darkness, we live a chaotic, nightmarish life. We are the monsters in our own horror story when we aren't living in fellowship with God. The message today's verses is that God is light. He is pure, perfect, grand, and good, heavenly, and holy. He is light, and light cannot coexist with darkness.
Here is the good news: Jesus came to obliterate the darkness, to end our nightmare, to cleanse us from our sin. The blood of Jesus covers our sins (justification), and He works in us to conquer our sins (sanctification). Our monstrous selves have been killed: the darkness of our sins has been swallowed up by God's holy light.

Prayer :

Lord God, I pray that I do not return to the horror of my sins; I don't want darkness to be a way of life. So I ask You to help me conquer the sin that plagues me.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS