DEHYDRATED SOULS

On the last day, that great of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." John 7:37-38

Thirst is the body's way of telling us that we need water, and Jesus speaks to us about our thirst in His Word. He spoke to those who are suffering under the oppressive heat of sin and dying of soul dehydration. In our sin and out of sync with God, we migrate to any moisture, like the moisture, like the animals in spiritual thirst. Tormented by our need, we find ourselves dying of thirst.
Jesus is the only Source of satisfaction for a soul dehydrated by sin. We need more than a casual encounter with something or someone who makes us feel good. We need to be nourished from the inside out. Jesus is the one who answers our thirst and satisfies us completely. He is the Servant who suffers for our salvation, the Sinless One who is fully pleasing to God, the Son of God, who is the fulfillment of God's plan for our salvation, and the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.
If we will believe in Jesus, then our dehydrated souls will spring to life with rivers of live giving water flowing from hearts fully entrusted to Jesus.

Prayer :

Lord God, my sin has dehydrated my soul. I'm dying of thirst. I believe Jesus is my only hope for life. I confess my sin and turn to Jesus so that I may be satisfied in Him.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS