FOOL'S GOLD

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.
-Proverbs 20:1

It's a paradigm shift, having as the greatest goal in life not avoiding sin but  pursuing Christ and His character.
In our Scripture verses for today, both wine and strong drink are personified: one as a "mocker" and the other as a "brawler." In Hebrew both of these words can mean "foolish." And if one of my goals is for others to see Christ like integrity in my life, I should avoid consuming that which leads to foolishness.
However, we should not judge others. Life is difficult and full of so much pain. Fear and anxiety are ever-present realities for many people. Alcohol can indeed like a shelter from the storms of life. If you are using alcohol as your shelter, have you sensed that it is inadequate? I encourage you instead to begin taking refuge in Christ. Pour your heart out to Him in prayer instead of pouring yourself another drink. What might find is what Jesus promised in Matthew 11:29-30: "Take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
It's easy for people who don't struggle with alcohol use to feel superior to those who do struggle, but other foolish and inadequate things can serve as a refuge or an idol.

What in your life are you trusting to bring you a level of comfort that only God can give?

Prayer :

Father, give me the strength today to run to You as my shelter. Grant me the wisdom to see the foolish things in my life that keep me trapped, and by Your grace set me free today to worship You and You alone.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS