GET COACHED UP

Exhort the young men to be sober-minded, in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
-Titus 2:6-8


I will never forget my first practice as a college baseball player. My coach hit ground balls to me, and he hit me ten or fifteen that I promptly fielded. It was the last hit that I'll never forget. Coach hit it several feet out of my reach. Then he walked out to me and ask what happened. "Coach, I don't have that much range" was my answer. To which he replied, "Not yet, but I'm going to stay on you until you do."
We all need a coach like that, someone who helps us where we are and exhorts us to do better, to move forward, to grow. Sadly, few of us have invited someone into our lives to exhort us spiritually. In his letter to Titus, Paul talked about how God can use exhortation to produce in us self-control
("be sober-minded" in verse 6) and, ultimately, a life of integrity.
Are you willing to engage with a more spiritually mature person in your church and cultivate a relationship with that person? A simple starting point is asking him or her to hold you accountable each week to memorize one verse of scripture. As you begin this leg of your spiritual journey, let that individual know you want him or her to coach you and push you to grow in Christ.
Schedule coffee or lunch this week with someone who could potentially be a spiritual coach in your life.

Prayer :

Father, lead me today to someone who can exhort me spiritually and help me grow in my knowledge of and love for You.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS