LEAVE YOUR HIDING PLACE

Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I cry to You all day long. Rejoice the soul of Your servant, for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. Psalms 86:3-5


Our views on the nature of God will in many ways determine the courses of our lives.
Consider, for instance, the way we can let past experiences, such as being raised by an overbearing parent, color our understanding of God. If we grew up in a family like that, we may have developed the pattern of hiding our feelings for fear of a harsh response. This kind of faulty understanding of God's nature causes us to develop unhealthy spiritual patterns, such as hiding from our heavenly Father. Our Scripture passage today, however, reminds us that God is nothing like an overbearing parent. Our God is rich in mercy and willing to forgive.
When we let the Scripture form our understanding of the nature of God, we transformed.
Ephesians 1:8 says that He lavished His grace upon His children. Our text today says our God is ready to forgive. We don't have to hide our mistakes and our fears from a God like this. Instead, we can cast all our cares on Him because He cares for us (1 Peter 5:7).
With this fresh understanding of God's grace, what area of your life are you now willing to uncover in confession Him?

Prayer :

Father, I know that You are rich in grace and mercy and willing to forgive. Help me to know Your Word better so that I learn more about Your true nature.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS