NO MORE REARVIEW MIRROR LIVING

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
-Philippians 3:12-14

I am currently teaching my fifteen year old son to drive, which is a challenge. His struggle behind the wheel is rooted in his desire to take his eyes off the road and play DJ. I am constantly reminding him to keep his eyes on the road, not on the radio.
Similarly, in Philippians 3, Paul challenged us to keep looking ahead spiritually, not behind. The guilt and shame from our past can keep us looking backward and rob us of our future. Paul put it this way in another letter he wrote: "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Because of our new identities as children of God, we can leave our past behind. God has forgiven our past sin. We can quit looking in the rearview mirror and instead live from a place of total forgiveness in Christ. I have always been amazed that Paul, the man who passively witnessed the stoning of Stephen, received a completely new identity in Christ and headed in an entirely new direction.
Memorize 2 Corinthians 5:17 this week so that every time Satan reminds you of a past sin, you can quote this text and find freedom in it's truth.

Prayer :

Father, teach me today to come wholeheartedly to receive Your transforming grace so I can walk in the total freedom of Your forgiveness.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS