WHEN TROUBLES COME

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Every single one of us is either in trouble, just getting out of trouble, or about to encounter trouble. Heartaches, disappointments, & sorrow, troubles like these are all part of life. "How can I avoid trouble in life?" is not a question we need to ask because we simply can't avoid it. The question should be how you will respond when trouble comes.
A good fit response is to praise the Lord. Paul knew much about trouble firsthand, yet he counseled, "In everything give thanks" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Choosing to thank our Father and praise Him in the midst of trouble helps shift our focus from ourselves and to Him, the Source of all we need.
In addition to being the Source of all compassion and all comfort, our Father knows exactly what we are going through, and He cares about us. Nothing in this world not drugs, religion, philosophy can bring comfort. Only Jesus can bring us real comfort.
Another response to trouble is to take the comfort you have received and pass it on to others when they have those same troubles. Don't waste the lessons you learned in Trouble 101. The Father wants to use you to comfort someone out there. Will you allow Him?

Prayer :

Father of all my comfort, I thank You for the troubles You allow to come my way because they turn my focus to You and teach me how to comfort others. Use me as a channel of Your comfort for others.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS