GODLY SORROW

I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
2 Corinthians 7:9-10


Have you ever said something you regretted? That is how Paul felt. His first letter to the Corinthian church was a strong rebuke: he pointed out the ungodly divisions within the fellowship, the immoral activity occurring among the members, their lack of love for one another, and their self-centered service. Paul regretted sending the letter until Titus returned and shared with him how the Corinthians had responded.
The believers in Corinth were not merely sorry for being rebuked for their sins. That would have been worldly grief, which typically produces a prideful desire to justify one's behavior. In this case, it would have also prompted great animosity toward Paul. But Paul was elated to learn that the Corinthians had experienced "godly sorrow." They recognized their sin as offensive to God, and they repented. They experienced a change of mind and heart that grew within them a desire to repent.
Am I causing or encouraging divisions among the fellowship I attend? Am I involved in any immoral activity? Do I lack genuine love for anyone in my church? Do I serve in order to be recognized for my gifts?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, repent. Your sin offends God. If you truly experience true godly sorrow, true repentance will result.

Prayer :

Father, show me my sin that I am too comfortable with to see. Help me experience godly sorrow that leads to genuine repentance.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS