PRAISE THE LORD

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandants. His praise endures forever. Psalm 111:10


I am one blessed man! My heart overflows with gratitude for the blessings God has bestowed upon me. One of those blessings was being born into a pastor's family. Jesus was not an afterthought in our home. No, He was the focus. I've been in church from the first Sunday I was home from the hospital. God placed me in an encouraging home as well as in nurturing church, where I learned to be a person of worship. I especially love worshipping Jesus.
One of the ways I was taught to worship was through music. My favorite praise song as a child was "Praise Ye the Lord!" Whatever life's circumstances, I was to worship my Lord with praise.
What kind of connection is there between praise and wisdom? The beginning of wisdom is reverence for our Creator. He alone is worthy of our worship and our praise. The psalmist reminded us that worship is our response to God's Word and His works.
In other words, a wise person is one who knows God intimately and has a "good understanding" of His commands. Wisdom is knowing God and doing His will. Obedience to His will shows our judgment to be right and sound. Out of our knowledge of God and our relationship to Him, we sing praise to Him forever. Wisdom prompts praise from God's children. Praise the Lord!

Prayer :

Lord, I stand in awe of Your gracious, generous work in my life. May I always praise You with the words of my mouth and the mediations of my heart.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS