RESTING IN HIS PRESENCE

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust." Surely He shall deliver you from he snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. Psalms 91:1-4


Throughout the psalms David referred to God as his Fortress, his Refuge, and his Strength. David faced many physical and spiritual battles throughout his life, and he experienced firsthand how God provides a strong fortress regardless of what attacks come at us.
In the ancient world, a fortress was often walled off from the rest of the city. Its supplies of food, water, and ammunition gave the people a place to be protected and a point from which the city could be defended. David knew that he did not need to fear because in God he found a Fortress stronger than any attack this world could ever muster.
What fortress do you run to when circumstances are overwhelming? Do you turn to people, work, or material distractions? Like David, may we realize that the one true Fortress we have is our one true God. And He is a Fortress that will always protect us and never let us down.

Prayer :

Father, I thank You today for bringing to my mind some of the many times You have been my faithful Fortress. Help me this day to rest in Your presence and to be grateful for these memories of Your protection.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS