THE HOPE OF LIFE ETERNAL

Let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:8-9

Recently, I stood at the bedside of a church member who was near death. As I prayed with the family, I felt their great peace. Although there were tears prompted by the impending loss, these dear people found genuine comfort in knowing that one day they would see their loved one again.
In 1 Corinthians 15:19 Paul said, "If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.
For hope to be a reality in our lives, we must believe there is a life with Christ beyond this one. If we make our decisions based on this life only, we aren't being wise and we risk making the wrong choices.
Do you see your adversities in light of eternity, or do you get anxious when life does not work out as planned? Do you feel bitterness toward or seek revenge on others, or do you believe God will judge all things in the end?
Decisions like these that we make in the present are greatly determined by the future we believe awaits us.

Prayer :

Lord, help me to see life from Your perspective. Help me to live today, learning from the past and making godly decisions because I have solid hope in my eternal future with You. I look forward to that time when You right all wrongs and bless those who hope in You.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS