THE PRIORITY OF WISDOM

Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; love her, and she will keep. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. Proverbs 4:5-7

Any parent can tell you that raising a child is costly. In 2014, the estimated cost of raising a child to age seventeen (before college) was $245,300 for average middle-income American family. This amount of money is staggering, and when you are raising more than one, completely overwhelming. Raising kids is costly!
However, the greatest challenge that parents have is not financial; it is instilling godly wisdom in their children. After I sent each of my three children. After I sent each of my three children off to college, I asked myself, "Did I teach them all they needed for life?" I taught them a solid work ethic, how to make eye contact when they shake hands, and how to change a tire. But did they learn godly wisdom? Solomon emphasized, "Wisdom is the principal thing." If  children acquire godly wisdom, they are set for life.
The best way to teach wisdom as a parent is through one's relationship with a child. Deuteronomy exhorts parents to teach the truth of God's Word to their walk according to His wisdom, their children will discern the importance of God's truth. As we teach godly wisdom and live it out in front of our children, they will "get understanding."

Prayer :

Lord, help me to make Your wisdom the main thing in my life. Strengthen me to live out the truth of Your Word so others especially my children can benefit from Your truth.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS