WHAT WILL MATTER MOST ON THE DAY OF DOOM?

The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me. For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God. For all His judgments were before me, and I did not put away His statues from me. I was also blameless before Him, and I kept myself from iniquity. Therefore the Lord has recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in His sight. Psalm 18:20-24


At the day of doom, the question will be whether or not you were a doer or a talker. James, the half brother of Jesus, made a similar point in his epistle: "what does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?...Faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead" (James 2:14, 17).
James and David, writer of the psalm above, each said that saving faith would manifest itself in a life surrendered to God in active service to Him and others. No one has ever been saved by works, but the saved have always proven their faith by their works.
Furthermore, God constantly  rewards faith that acts, does, and serves. The reward may not come in the time and manner we would choose, but the reward is God's guaranteed response to faith in Him.
The greatest reward for our faithfulness will not be fame, wealth, or happiness. It is intimacy with the Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

Prayer :

Father, You who know my heart, please give me contentment in the truth that You are my highest reward for living a life of active service to You.

Amen

Paypal.me/DawnCoburn
If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS