JESUS TRUTH HELPS US IN ADVERSITY

Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore. For great is Your mercy toward me, and You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.....You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering and abundant in mercy and truth. Psalm 86:11-13, 15


Psalm 86 contains a prayer King David possibly offered while he was on the run, fleeing from his treasonous and murderous son Absalom. In this psalm, David expressed his desire for spiritual restoration.
Do you, like me, sometimes find yourself praying similar prayers? One of my most repeated supplications is this: "Dear Lord, help me to love You and live for You."
But I often wrestle with this matter: what can I do to encourage my heart to change? David's prayer in Psalm 86 contains an important insight. After declaring his commitment, he recognized that all of his abilities to live devotedly were derived from the character of God His mercy, compassion, truth, and grace.
Maybe you feel like you can't live fully devoted to the Lord. Perhaps you have experienced moral failure, the betrayal of a loved, difficulties at work, or family problems. David faced all of these hardships and more, yet he still sought after sought God.
Less than ideal life circumstances can make spiritual energy seem an impossible ideal. Yet David's testimony shows that our abilities to live for God aren't based on our track records or merits. Instead, our abilities to live for God are founded on His truth and mercy.

Prayer :

Father, help me to grow in the experience of Your grace!

Amen

If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my link God bless you abundantly.
cash.me/DawnCoburn1
paypal.me/DawnCoburn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS