LIVING WITH AN OPEN HAND

Jesus said to the rich ruler, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me." But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions. Matthew 19:21-22

John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, was away from home one day when his house burned to the ground. When others shared the news with him of what had happened, Wesley said, "That's impossible. You see, I don't own a house. God gave me a place to live in. I only managed that house for Him. If He didn't put the fire out, then that's His problem. He'll have to put me somewhere else."
If your house burned to the ground, how would you react? If your car were totaled or your boat sank, how would you react? Your attitude during situations like these reveals much about your walk with the Lord and your trust in Him.
Are you living with a tight grip on your possessions, or are you living with an open hand, realizing that all you have belongs to God?

Prayer :

Father, help me to live my life with an open hand, not holding too tightly to the things I have, but living and giving generously so I can be a blessing to others.

Amen

If you feel led to sow in my ministry that is my links God bless you abundantly.
cash.me/DawnCoburn1
paypal.me/DawnCoburn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS