HIS SUFFERING FOR OUR DELIVERANCE

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, and from the words of My groaning? Our fathers cried to You, and were delivered; they trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

Psalms 22:1,5

Have you ever felt so completely alone, forsaken, and isolated that you wondered if anyone would ever be there for you again?
These famous words of David in Psalm 22 express a level of anguish and pain that I can honestly say I've never felt before, but maybe you have.
Jesus Himself uttered these same words later as He hung on the cross to pay the penalty for all of our sins. The words seem to express a feeling of total abandonment, but when we look more closely, we see that David knows that God had provided for earlier believers, and David trusted that God would provide for him too. We also see in this psalm one reason why we can go to Christ for help: we can be confident that He truly understands our suffering and grief because He Himself experienced them. Truthfully, His suffering was much more intense than we will ever be called to endure because, for a short time, Jesus experienced the total abandonment of God,which we will never experience.
Today ask God to grant you the faith to trust Him regardless of your circumstances. Know that Jesus understands your suffering and is always at the throne of God interceding for you.

Prayer :

Lord, what You endured on the cross is unfathomable to me. Thank You for Your willingness to suffer and die for my sins. I worship You today as my Lord and Savior.

Amen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS