JOYOUS CHRISTIANITY

 All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast. 

Proverbs 15:15

Paul was sitting in a cold cell of a Roman jail when he encouraged the Philippian Christians to be cheerful, "Rejoice in the always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" (Philippians 4:4).

One of the most valuable gifts that the Holy Spirit has bestowed upon God's children is the gift of contagious gladness and joy. Yet even the Christian's life is subject to tides of ever-changing emotions. The life of our Lord is an excellent example of this as He also experienced the heights and depths of the spirit.

The joy that Christ brings into our lives is much more than just a smile. There are times when you would much rather cry. However, when we set our minds on Christ, a peaceful spirit is established and this generates real joy and gladness. You live in the assurance that God is in control even in the most confusing times of your life. This blessed assurance is worth more than a mere smile or passing emotions. 

Christian joy does not depend on emotions, but on the unchanging Lord. This is why you can say :

When wild, wild storms were raging 

I found a steadfast Rock deep down:

The Word that saved me from disaster 

God is my Father, I His child!

Prayer :

I praise and thank You, Lord my God, that I can live joyfully and trustingly because Your Spirit dwells in me. 

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS