THE APPLE OF MY EYE

 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17:8

It's comforting to think of God seeing us that way as the apple of his eye, a reflection of himself. We bear his image; we are his sons and daughters. So he looks on us with pride and holds us up for the angels to see. 

"Look, this my child, the apple of my eye."

It's no wonder he guards us, not just as his children but as the pupil of his own eye. We have many reflexes that serve to protect our eyes. They are sensitive and precious, and we guard them carefully. Our eyes are important because we use them to see what we love. And so does he.

Under His Wings

Under His Wings I am safely abiding, 

Though the night deepens and tempests are wild; 

Still I can trust him, I know he will keep me,

He has redeemed me and I am still His child.

Under His Wings, What a refuge in sorrow!

How the heart yearning turns to His rest!

Often when earth has no balm for my healing,

There I find comfort and there I am blessed.

Under His Wings, O what precious enjoyment!

There will I hide till life's storms are over;

Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,

Resting in Jesus I'm safe evermore.

Under His Wings, Under His Wings,

Who from His love can sever?

Under His Wings  my soul shall abide,

Safely abide forever. 

Lord, 

Thank you for making me in Your image. See me as You see Yourself, and love me as You love Your own Son. Help me to be more like You, and guard me as the apple of Your eye.

Amen 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS