SECURE BECAUSE OF GOD'S WILL

 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 

John 6:37-39 

I am so thankful that it isn't up to me to keep myself saved, to keep myself in the circle of God's family. If that were the case, I would no doubt have lost my salvation long ago. I am all too aware that, in spite of my desire to please God, I have failed Him miserably so many times. I am also thankful that praise the Lord, I didn't have to clean my life up or promise to keep it clean. Instead, all I had to do was simply go to Jesus. Because I did so, and because He saved me, He is now responsible for keeping me. 

It would be blessing enough if our security were solely in Jesus promise never to cast us out of the family of God. But Jesus went onto tell us that He will never cast us out because He is intent on doing the will of His Father. And that's when Jesus told us what the will of the Father is, that none of the people who come to Jesus would ever be lost. 

So have you turned to Jesus? Have you sincerely placed your faith in Him? Do you believe that He forgave you of your sins and has given you eternal life? If so, know that you are actually a special gift the Father has given to His Son. 

Prayer : 

Father, I thank You that You want me to be secure in You.

Amen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS