SECURE BECAUSE OF HIS STRONG HANDS

 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 

John 10:27-29

Sheep just may be the most helpless animals in the world. They can't run fast. They don't have claws or sharp teeth. They can't defend themselves. They are totally dependent upon the shepherd. Their security is based solely on how capable, caring, and strong their shepherd is. 

Interestingly, the Bible uses the metaphor of sheep to refer to followers of Jesus. Thankfully, we have have a perfect and totally powerful Shepherd. He not only gives us our daily bread, but He gives us eternal life with Him. And notice that eternal life a gift, but it is a gift we possess now. Does that sound like a big responsibility, holding onto eternal life? How can we be sure that we won't forfeit or misplace the gift? Fortunately for us, it is not up to us to keep the gift or keep ourselves secure. We are held securely in the hands of the loving and omnipotent Son and His Father. 

A well-known insurance company slogan is "You're in good hands with Allstate." Thankfully, you and I are in the best hands with Jesus. 

Prayer : 

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me eternal life that is as secure as You are strong. 

Amen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOM OF DESTRUCTION

THE EARLY RISERS CRY

REMOVING HINDRANCES TO ADVANCEMENT AND DEMOLISHING STUMBLING BLOCKS